Sunday, April 26, 2015

Angelou and tall shoes

It is one of those days when I need to remember and forget all the knives thrown.
When I need to accept that the motivations weren't doing of my own.
One of those days I forgot for a moment that I am Beautiful and Free.
That I really am truly happy just being the me that's Me.

It's one of those days where memories are wretchedly searing through.
And causing me to wonder how people can do the things they do.
And why I can't forget or even if I should.
And whether I really need to sit around and brood.

It's one of those days where yesterday intrudes on my afternoon.
And makes me forget the present is all there is to do.
And tomorrow gets all clouded by the words that have passed.
And I keep from finding that joy of having peace at last.

So, Im listening to Maya Angelou
And slipping on some tall shoes
Letting this man adore me
Without questioning his sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still

Here I am again. Frozen in a time that's both familiar and new. The merry go round has come around again and I am captured in another ...