Thursday, April 5, 2018

Am I?

Are we meant to be together with one person forever? Thats what we are taught. That's what society hands us. And isnt that the goal, socially and inherintly? Isnt that why we flirt and date and seek and marry? To find a mate. Procreate. Reproduce. Find love. So we can be with someone, forever. But does that work? Are there really any couples who are celebrating 50 years together that can say that theyve all been good ones? That they have no regrets? That they wanted to be there all that time? Or were they there because they honored a commitment society told them to make.
I don't regret any relationship ending in my life. I only regret having promised not to end them. It was a lie. I knew it was a lie sometimes, didn't others, but it was always a lie. Is it a lie now?
He knows I'm up to something. He's even asked. Am I? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still

Here I am again. Frozen in a time that's both familiar and new. The merry go round has come around again and I am captured in another ...