Sunday, January 11, 2015

My 12 Acceptance for this Today

It's been a difficult day. I'm not yet ready to talk about it. I'm hurt and having to remind myself of what's healthy for me.  So I'll simply share my acceptances for today.
1. I accept that people in my life are free to make their own decisions and are responsible for their own actions. I do not have control over them.
2. I accept that they may not and do not have to acknowldge their behavior and how it may affect me and this is not in my control.
3. I accept that their behavior is about them and not about me.
4. I accept that, today, right now, it is harmful to me to be around and be subject to the behavior of certain people and I cannot maintain control if I am without help. Because of this, it is best that I try to avoid any exposure to this behavior until I am better able to manage it and it is less harmful to me.
5. I accept that I must maintain healthy boundaries that are good for me in order to have any type of relationship with these people in the future.
6. I accept that these boundaries are necessary and that consequences are necessary and must be followed through with if boundaries are not respected.
7. I accept that although I cannot have any control or "fix" anyone else, I can and will strengthen myself to be able to manage my own feelings and reactions, both external and internal, to maintain my own health and sanity and not become sick.
8. I accept that regardless of what is said or done to me, I am capable and willing to believe I am a whole person that I can trust to make decisions about my own worth and life choices.
9. I accept that I am responsible for my feelings of self worth, guilt, shame, worthiness of love, anger, sadness, and happiness and that I will trust myself to safely decide which feelings are appropriate and healthy and not a reaction to others words or behavior that is out of my control.
10. I accept that I can, have and will make mistakes and I am allowed to forgive myself and move forward on a better path.
11. I accept that I will always be damaged/affected by people I care about in my life and that I must be vigilant in my own recognition and seek treatment if I become sick because of it.
12. I accept that I am worth accepting these things for myself and those who care about me so I can have a healthy relationship with myself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still

Here I am again. Frozen in a time that's both familiar and new. The merry go round has come around again and I am captured in another ...